COVID-19 Office Policy Update
As of Wednesday, March 18, 2020, revolutionEYES has made the difficult decision to postpone routine eye examinations.
We are still open to triage emergencies and urgent issues as well as meeting your day-to-day ocular concerns through this difficult time.
What does it mean for patients?
1) All routine eye examinations will be tentatively rescheduled until further notice. All patients with an existing appointment will be placed on our call list. We plan to reopen May 26, 2020 and will notify you of any updates via email.
2) If you are in short supply of contact lenses and want to order more or need an extension on your prescription(s), please contact the office. We will assist you until we reopen for routine visits. If more convenient, you can also order your contacts in our online shop.
3) If your dry eye medications are running low, please contact the office, and we can transmit a refill to your pharmacy.
4) It is our duty as healthcare providers to care for patients. If you are experiencing any ocular emergencies, we are available to help you. Please contact the office at (443) 420-8113 with any concerns. If you are unable to connect with a staff member, please follow the instructions preceding the end of the message. Drs. Dorsam and Generie will be ready to address your concerns.
5) We strongly encourage patients to restrict activities outside the home with the exception of receiving medical care. Please refrain from going to work, school, or public areas.
6) An estimated 80% of COVID-19 cases are mild and the recovery period is roughly two weeks. If you feel your conditions worsening, please call ahead before visiting the doctor’s office or the emergency care and inform them that you have or may have COVID-19. This will ensure the protection of the office and other patients.
There are many educational and instructive sources available online concerning the current pandemic. Staying informed and prepared is the best way to avoid undue stress to you and your family. We recommend the following sources:
- The CDC’s Coronavirus site
- The World Health Organization’s Coronavirus site
- The Maryland Department of Health’s Coronavirus site
We have chosen to reduce office hours to match the needs of our patients. This is in efforts to keep our staff safe and at home as much as possible. We understand this may be difficult and despite the financial and emotional hardships, we encourage everyone to do likewise.
Although it may be stormy now, it can’t rain forever.
Our office wishes for your continued health and remains at your service in any time of need.
Drs. Dorsam and Generie
Stephanie, Susanna, Priscilla, and Kathy
5725 Richards Valley Rd, Ste. A-9
Ellicott City, MD 21043