COVID-19 Office Policy Update
RevolutionEYES re-opened for routine exams and office visits as of May 26, 2020 following the updated safety precautions outlined by state and federal regulations.
What new changes have been implemented?
- All exams, visits, repairs/adjustments, and pick-ups are by appointment only. Walk-ins are not allowed as our building capacity cannot support them. We encourage patients to call ahead to schedule their appointments. Our books are filling up quickly!
- Paperwork and forms are available online. They can be sent via email or text. Patients MUST fill out their forms prior to their appointment or arrive at the office 15 minutes early. Physical copies of the forms are available upon request.
- Our office currently has a virtual waiting room. We ask that patients remain in their vehicles and call the office number to check-in for their appointments. A staff member will reach back out once all exam rooms are prepared.
- Examination rooms are cleaned and disinfected between every appointment. Deep cleanings are performed at the end of each day. All spaces and surfaces occupied by a patient or staff member are disinfected promptly.
- We have installed plexiglass shields throughout the office in order to create a safe barrier between staff and patients. Stations in the optical area have been spaced more than 6 feet apart to allow a comfortable environment for patients to select frames.
- Patients will work individually with an optician for frame styling. This creates a more personalized, safer experience and allows patients to find frames they love. Patients are able to try on frames at their assigned stations. After each fitting, frames are sterilized through our UV-C disinfecting system.
There are many insightful resources available online concerning the current pandemic. Staying informed and prepared is the best way to avoid undue stress to you and your family. We recommend the following sources:
- The CDC’s Coronavirus site
- The World Health Organization’s Coronavirus site
- The Maryland Department of Health’s Coronavirus site
We have chosen to reduce office hours to match the needs of our patients. This is in efforts to keep our staff safe and at home as much as possible. We understand this may be difficult and despite the financial and emotional hardships, we encourage everyone to do likewise.
The best view comes after the hardest climb.
Our office wishes for your continued health and remains at your service in any time of need.
Drs. Dorsam and Generie & revolutionEYES team
5725 Richards Valley Rd, Ste. A-9
Ellicott City, MD 21043